We undertook and in depth study of their drafting methods and document procedures and produced a detailed plan outlining all the tasks. After careful consideration the client outsourced their complete BIM model responsibility to Virtual building Studios.
This decision firstly allowed their staff to concentrate on design activity and on site issues; and secondly, provided the additional resources they required at a lower cost base and without the physical office space and associated overheads.
The transition focused on a number of areas which included:
- Establishing BIM standard protocol
- Establishing BIM modeling guideline between Client & Virtual Building Studios
- Creation of Architecture model
- Creation of RFI & FYI format related to query
- Assisting the client with basic design options and issues